ANDERS CPA + ADVISORS, one of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country, is seeking a Payroll Manager who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will manage day-to-day payroll operations for the firm, master the payroll software, and ensure the payroll functions are completed timely, accurately, efficiently and in compliance with all state and government regulations. The Payroll Manager role requires the ability to work independently, be flexible, and demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, all while being a team player.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepares, reconciles, and manages the processing of multi-state, semi-monthly payroll to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, policies, and applicable laws.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices. This includes managing state and local account registrations with taxing authorities.
- Prepares state tax credit reporting per pay period, monthly and annually.
- Prepares and reviews payroll records and reports for each payroll, including monthly, quarterly, and annual requirements including reconciliations to the company’s general ledger on a timely basis.
- Participates in mergers and acquisitions to integrate newly acquired associates to company payroll.
- Resolves issues within Paycom HRIS system and recommends enhancements and upgrades to systems.
- Manages ACA reporting and requirements.
- Ensures completeness of annual W-2 and ACA forms for employees.
- Manages the receipt and processing of garnishments.
- Develops, recommends, and implements payroll policies in conjunction with senior management.
- Works closely with Human Resources to ensure all new hires, terminations or changes to active employees are reflected accurately and timely in the payroll system.
- Maintains, reconciles, and prepares HSA files.
- Maintains, reconciles, and prepares 401k files, including year-end census files and annual match calculation according to plan documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to work independently and be flexible while being a team player.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, and government regulations and how they affect payroll processing and accounting practices.
- Be a naturally curious problem solver, well-organized, detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Have a proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Attention to detail, speed, accuracy, and meeting deadlines is imperative.
- 5 + years of multi state payroll processing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration Preferred
- Experience using an HRIS; working knowledge of Paycom a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office 365 applications
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA