It’s been almost three years since the COVID-19 pandemic first began and the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act programs are nearing the end of their lifecycles, so what’s next? But Who’s Counting? host David E. Hartley chatted with returning guest Anders Director + Strategic Growth Paul C. Rhea about which programs are still available to qualifying businesses along with the following points of interest:
- What’s next for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) funds, Employee Retention Tax Credits (ERTC) and Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF)
- Which CARES Act programs have ended and what is still available
- How long the SBA will be investigating suspicions of criminal or fraudulent activity for PPP loans
- IRS audits are coming for ERTC
- Only about 22% of ERTC-eligible businesses have actually applied for the tax credits
This episode will wrap up season one of our podcast. We have exciting things coming for next season, so check back for new episodes in early 2023!
ABOUT BUT WHO’S COUNTING?
Brought to you by Anders CPAs + Advisors, But Who’s Counting? is a podcast designed to provide real-world takeaways and examples of how business owners and C-suite executives can improve areas of their business. Podcast host and Anders Partner and Director + Advisory, David E. Hartley, sits down with fellow advisors and subject matter experts to share what they’re seeing in the marketplace and actionable advice business leaders can use to empower growth today and in the future.All Podcasts