Although some of the hype around cryptocurrencies has leveled over the last year, it’s clear that digital assets are here to stay, and the not-for-profit industry should understand how this impacts them. In this episode of But Who’s Counting?, David E. Hartley discusses the possible future of crypto in not-for-profit organizations with Jeanne M. Dee, audit partner and leader of the Anders Not-for-Profit team, including the following highlights:
- The current accounting rules regarding crypto and digital assets in the not-for-profit industry
- Possibility for fair value accounting going forward and how that might affect organizations
- What to consider before accepting digital asset or cryptocurrency donations
- Why a well-thought-out gift acceptance policy is more important than ever
- Multiple strategies organizations can consider when accepting crypto donations
Tune in to the full episode on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
ABOUT BUT WHO’S COUNTING?
Brought to you by Anders CPAs + Advisors, But Who’s Counting? is a podcast designed to provide real-world takeaways and examples of how business owners and C-suite executives can improve areas of their business. Podcast host and Anders Partner and Director + Advisory, David E. Hartley, sits down with fellow advisors and subject matter experts to share what they’re seeing in the marketplace and actionable advice business leaders can use to empower growth today and in the future.
Listen to But Who’s Counting? by subscribing on Spotify or Apple Podcasts and let us know what you think by rating and reviewing.All Podcasts