Dealing with the current COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid process. We are all receiving updates and directives from authorities multiple times per day. We thought it would be helpful to inform our clients and the broader Anders community about the steps we are currently taking.
First and foremost, we want to protect our staff, clients and the community, and we are putting measures in place to achieve that. We are open for business, but many of our people are working remotely. With clients around the U.S. and the globe, we have the technology in place to allow members of the Anders team to work efficiently and securely from their homes.
We are monitoring recommendations and taking our lead from both the CDC and our state and local health officials. To minimize health risks, we have made the following adjustments, effective Tuesday, March 17 and remaining in place until further notice:
- We encourage postponing all in-person meetings. If you have meetings set up, we can communicate via email, phone, conference calls, video conference or text.
- If you are a business client and our auditors, technology, or other advisors are scheduled to be on-site in the coming weeks, we will contact you to determine the best course of action for our staff and yours.
IRS Filing and Payment Deadline
- The IRS has officially extended the federal income tax filing and payment deadline from April 15 to July 15, 2020.
Safety and Containment
- We are requesting clients send tax related information and documents electronically, if possible.
- If you do not already have access to do so, please contact your advisor who will send a secure link to you, so you can upload your documents electronically.
- To accommodate remote work for our administrative team, we are eliminating all hard copies leaving our office. All tax returns, workpapers, proposals, invoices etc. will be sent only in electronic form.
- Paper copies will be provided upon request once the COVID-19 concerns have passed.
We want to assure you our technology platforms are highly secure, and these measures will allow us to continue to serve you as seamlessly as possible. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Anders contacts.
Thank you for your understanding, support and flexibility during these challenging times. We wish you and your families all the best.
Robert J. Minkler, Jr.