Why a Women’s Initiative at Anders
Women do business differently – women are more relationship driven than transaction driven, and that is helping to change the way business is done. As one of 15 firms in the nation to be named to Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms for Women, helping women thrive and grow in both their business and personal goals is a core commitment at Anders. We believe an effective way to do this is to provide and participate in events to foster connections, education, sharing, advancement and business generation. The Anders Women’s Initiative has created a business case to meet the accounting and financial objectives of women in leadership, joined and taken leadership roles in local and national women’s organizations, and host educational and networking events.
The impressive statistics of women’s involvement in their own businesses and in the boardroom of companies large and small provide a clear picture of just how important it is to make sure Anders as a firm is doing our best to serve this growing women’s market. The statistics also overwhelmingly show that many women are looking for advisors – financial, legal, accounting- that understand them and how they want to set their course – both professionally and personally. We have the women and men at Anders to help women – both business owners and those in corporations– to move forward.
As women leaders, we also take our role to foster the next generation of women business leaders at our own firm very seriously. Our goals are to:
- Enhance our presence as women business leaders within the community
- Increase the lines of communication and create a sense of camaraderie among businesswomen at all levels in all professions
- Provide timely information on best practices within the industries we serve
- Offer opportunities to network with other women
- Provide platforms to volunteer for and support charitable and civic organizations
- Create opportunities to do business and have fun
We connect with, anticipate, respond, and proactively address the challenges that face our clients, our staff and women throughout the communities and organizations we serve.
Anders is proud to support women in the community through our involvement as:
- The Title Sponsor of the Midwest Women’s Business Owners Conference (MWBOC) by Black Dress Partners
- A Winning Coach of the Catapult Competition for Women by the St. Louis Business Journal
- Sponsor of the Top Women Business Owners by Small Business Monthly
- Sponsor of the Surge, St. Louis’ professional women’s basketball team
- Sponsor of Prosper, Start-Up accelerator for female entrepreneurs
- Corporate Sponsor of the Professional Women’s Alliance (PWA)
- Leaders of the Special Interest Group for the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA)
Interested in learning more? Contact Us