Remote Tax Engagement Supervisor
The VCFO Department at one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Tax Supervisor who possesses a strong technical skillset, is motivated by quality work and is passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this position, you will be assigned to approximately 45 VCFO client relationships, representing about 200 tax returns (both business and personal). You will be responsible for coordinating client tax planning and preparation by fully utilizing staff reporting to you and by reporting to the Tax Director. The department operates in a variety of industries and the Tax Manager role plays a key part in supporting a strong relationship between the VCFO and client.
What You’ll Do:
· Manage accurate and timely filing of Federal, State, and Local tax returns
· Coordinate the tax planning and projections with corporate and partnership clients
· Articulate clearly the results of tax planning and tax preparation to clients in a timely manner
· Manage and communicate governmental responses to notices received by assigned clients
· Identify tax savings opportunities through internally crafted strategies and coordinate with third-party credit providers (if necessary)
· Communicate tax process to client management and ownership
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Estimated Tax Season hours – 55 / week
What We’re Looking For:
· Exhibit strong project management and communication skills
· Holds Extensive experience in corporate, partnership, and individual taxation
· State and Local Taxation a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
· Estimated 5 years of tax experience in preparation of corporate and partnership tax returns
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA