Over the past few months, many of us have received a crash course in using collaboration tools such as Microsoft® Teams. Even those employees who were the most vocally opposed to working outside of the office are now developing new knowledge and skills with remote collaboration tools. On March 31, 2020, Microsoft reported a new record of 2.7 BILLION Teams meeting minutes spent in one day, a 200% increase from just two weeks earlier. We are all learning new tools right now at a pace that can seem overwhelming.
Bridging the Communication Gap Between Employees and Customers
One of the major pain points of remote work is knowing how to reach employees, wherever they are, on whatever device they’re using. Microsoft Teams helps internal employees with this. They can install Teams on almost any device and take it with them wherever they go.
But what about customers? What about vendors? What about any phone in your company that might be ringing to an empty desk? How can we leverage these new technology tools to make your phone system more flexible? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have the same corporate phone number that rings whether you’re in the office, at home, at school, or at the grocery store? It’s possible with Teams Calling Plans.
Replacing Your Company’s Phone System
We’ve previously touched on the basic functionality of Microsoft Teams. Those features however, barely scratch the surface of what’s possible. With Teams you can:
- Utilize calling plan numbers anywhere a Teams app can be installed – on a PC, a Mac, a smartphone, a tablet, a video conferencing device, or a compatible desk phone
- Assign phone numbers to Teams users and place or receive calls using the Teams app
- Port your company’s existing phone numbers into Teams and assign them to users
- Build Auto Attendants, Call Groups, and Phone Trees
- Receive voicemail, transcribe it, and automatically forward voicemails to Outlook
- Assign and reassign phone numbers to your employees as needed
- Call internationally if necessary
You can effectively use Teams as your company’s entire phone system, wherever your employees are located.
Getting Started with Microsoft Teams Calling Plans
Teams Calling Plans are available as add-on licenses with Microsoft Office 365. Microsoft licensing can be very complex. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Anders Technology has both the expertise and the experience to guide you to a solution that’s tailored to your company’s unique and specific needs. Contact an Anders advisor below to discuss your situation.
Download our recorded Teams webinars to learn how to collaborate remotely with Microsoft Teams.All Insights