As a member of the Tax Group, you will be primarily responsible for the review of corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns. You will review work papers, perform tax research, analyze tax notices and draft responses, and assist in tax planning and the preparation of projections. You will participate in month-end and year-end closing processes, and assist clients with routine accounting functions while assessing their current systems/processes to determine streamlining and automation opportunities.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to individuals, partnerships, trusts and corporations in a variety of industries.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare complex returns of individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts.
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently research tax topics of intermediate complexity.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff.
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- CPA with five to seven years of tax experience preferred
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organization skills
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Anders offers extensive employee development opportunities as well as an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts and generous paid time off (PTO).
Anders is a CPA and Advisory firm with approximately 200 partners and staff members. For over 50 years, Anders has been a powerful tax, audit, technology and forensic resource with specialties in a variety of industries. Anders is a Top 10 firm in St. Louis, a Top firm in the Midwest, a Top 125 firm in the United States and a Best Accounting Firm to Work for. Anders has also been designated a Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal and a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. With an award-winning Women’s Initiative, Anders has been honored as a top firm for women by Accounting Today, the St. Louis Business Journal, the Women’s Foundation of St. Louis and the Leading Edge Alliance. Anders also has an affiliate company, Claris Advisors, LLC, a wealth management firm. Anders is a member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), the second largest accounting association in the world. For more information, visit Anders at www.anderscpa.com.