Anders is looking for a State and Local Tax Manager to join our expanding SALT practice in St. Louis, MO.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a client facing position in which you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of multi-state tax issues, as it relates to sales/use tax.
- Assisting clients with pursuing refund reviews, as well as other sales/use tax projects.
- Identifying tax savings opportunities via refund reviews, credits & incentives, amnesty or voluntary disclosure projects.
- Extensive technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable tax opportunities.
- Understanding and applying changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintain, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Experience as a team leader: supervising staff to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Preferred CPA Certification or other certification
- BS Degree in Accounting or another related field
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting, law firm or corporate tax department, or working in State economic development
- In depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
We encourage employee development and offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off (PTO), and assistance with personal computer purchases.
Anders is a CPA and Advisory firm with approximately 200 partners and staff members, and more than $36 million in revenue. Celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2015, Anders is a Top 10 firm in St. Louis, a Top firm in the Midwest, a Top 125 firm in the United States, and is a Best Accounting Firm to Work for. Anders has been designated a Best Place to Work finalist by the St. Louis Business Journal, a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and recently received the Innovation Award by the St. Louis Business Journal. Anders is a powerful tax, audit and forensics resource with specialties in a variety of industries. Anders has two affiliate companies, Inflexion LLC, a business and technology firm, and Claris Advisors, LLC. The firm is a member of the Leading Edge Alliance LEA. For more information, visit Anders at www.anderspa.com.