As a member of the Audit and Assurance Group, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning and conducting audits of client financial statements, managing the development of appropriate audit programs, managing performance of risk assessments, and developing relationships with client companies. The Audit Manager will oversee audits of client company financial statements to ensure compliance with GAAP and other relevant standards, oversee the testing of the effectiveness of internal controls and the potential impact of internal control deficiencies and examine records to ensure proper recording and authorization of transactions, as well as compliance with policies and applicable laws. You will prepare and review detailed reports of audit findings and recommendations for client companies and review portions of compilation, review, and audit engagements.
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising, and controlling all phases of the firm’s regular services for those clients delegated by Partners
- Project and plan the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation of the staff
- Lead the decision-making process for assigned engagements and clients; keep the engagement Partner fully informed of significant decisions, engagement process, the client’s situation, and potential concerns
- Develop a responsible and trained team through assistance in recruiting, planning assignments, resolving problems, providing direct consultation to staff, evaluating staff performance, and acting as a discussion leader in professional development programs
- Supervise preparation of the engagement letter for approval by the engagement Partner, discuss the terms of the assignment with the client, and ensure client signs and returns the engagement letter before the start of the engagement
- Evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement Partner for approval
- Follow engagement process through monitoring time budgets and deadlines, communicate essential developments to the engagement Partner along with facts, conclusions, and recommendations, and providing ongoing attention to client management
- Support employee development with ongoing coaching and training, recognize and handle challenging staff situations and client personnel matters, and obtain a strong interest in attracting and developing staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Client service-oriented with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Detail-oriented; strong planning and organization skills; ability to make decisions
- Resourceful in recognizing technical problems and developing solutions
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Advanced technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and other relevant concepts
- Experience with financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require overnight travel
- Knowledge of FASB standards, GAAP, and GAAS
- Understanding of audit and attest services
Experience and Education
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Personnel management experience required
- Public accounting experience
- 7+ years of audit experience preferred
- Software proficiencies include: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Anders offers extensive employee development opportunities as well as an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts and generous paid time off (PTO).
Anders is a CPA and Advisory firm with approximately 200 partners and staff members. For over 50 years, Anders has been a powerful tax, audit, technology and forensic resource with specialties in a variety of industries. Anders is a Top 10 firm in St. Louis, a Top firm in the Midwest, a Top 125 firm in the United States and a Best Accounting Firm to Work for. Anders has also been designated a Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal and a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. With an award-winning Women’s Initiative, Anders has been honored as a top firm for women by Accounting Today, the St. Louis Business Journal, the Women’s Foundation of St. Louis and the Leading Edge Alliance. Anders also has an affiliate company, Claris Advisors, LLC, a wealth management firm. Anders is a member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), the second largest accounting association in the world. For more information, visit Anders at www.anderscpa.com.