The Accountant position within Outsourced Accounting offers hands-on accounting and financial experience, meaningful client interaction and the benefits of working in a progressive environment, all in real-time on an expanding technology platform. With an emphasis on handling and managing accounting transactions for clients, the Accountant will have the opportunity to help businesses transition their accounting processes to cloud-based platforms for real-time, instant access to financials to help them run their business. From accounts receivable, payable and payroll preparation to inventory analysis and monthly financial statements, this position is responsible for the accounting efforts of multiple clients in a variety of industries, while benefiting from the progressive and flexible environment offered at Anders CPAs + Advisors, consistently named a Best Place to Work. The Accountant will enjoy having a direct impact on the financial future of the clients they serve, opportunities for professional development, and a key role in shaping and developing one of the firm’s fastest growing service lines.
- Assist in transitioning clients to cloud-based platforms
- Handle the day-to-day accounting transactions for clients; including bill pay, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll preparation
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journal entries and closing of general ledger
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and the chart of accounts
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the financial condition of the firm’s clients, including analysis of results
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Offer financial advice and solutions to help clients succeed
- Be a key part of a team that is continually evolving in policy, procedures, technology advancement and delivering exceptional client experience
- Prepare client sales tax returns, year-end 1099 returns and property tax declarations
- Serve as a first-line representative of the firm with clients, vendors, business partners and other Anders service lines and niches
- Continually work towards ensuring compliance while meeting client goals
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Advanced QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online experience
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- Familiarity with cloud-based software applications
- Experience with other general ledger packages a plus
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Forward-thinker who is open to new ideas and a desire to try new technologies and processes
- Professional looking for a place to build a career
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of related experience
- CPA or working towards CPA
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Anders offers extensive employee development opportunities as well as an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts and generous paid time off (PTO).
Anders is a CPA and Advisory firm with approximately 200 partners and staff members. For over 50 years, Anders has been a powerful tax, audit, technology and forensic resource with specialties in a variety of industries. Anders is a Top 10 firm in St. Louis, a Top firm in the Midwest, a Top 125 firm in the United States and a Best Accounting Firm to Work for. Anders has also been designated a Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal and a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. With an award-winning Women’s Initiative, Anders has been honored as a top firm for women by Accounting Today, the St. Louis Business Journal, the Women’s Foundation of St. Louis and the Leading Edge Alliance. Anders also has an affiliate company, Claris Advisors, LLC, a wealth management firm. Anders is a member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), the second largest accounting association in the world. For more information, visit Anders at www.anderscpa.com.