Understanding the connections between your overall wellbeing and your level of success as an entrepreneur can unleash better business decisions. It’s generally assumed that success in business drives happiness, but what if the formula works better the other way around?
But Who’s Counting? host David E. Hartley met with Erin Joy for a wide-ranging conversation about what it means to find success as an entrepreneur, and more importantly how it feels. The founder and executive consultant behind Erin Joy Executive Consulting & Coaching explained the importance of developing relationships within your business community in ways that build a network that lasts a lifetime. The conversation also covered:
- Unique strengths women business owners, and people of all genders and identities, can capitalize on as a tool to further your goals
- The three characteristics small business owners should embrace to create an entrepreneurial legacy
- How developing a deeper than surface level relationship with business advisors can unlock better insights
- As technology advances, pay attention to the changes happening right now, not the ones approaching on the horizon, and allow yourself to evolve to adapt
“My stance is that we want to have a satisfying, enjoyable and happy journey and actually use that to fuel the success in our lives and in our businesses, not the other way around.”Erin Joy
About Erin Joy Executive Consulting & Coaching
A third-generation woman entrepreneur, Erin Joy provides women business owners and executives with reimagined coaching and consulting. With over 25 years of experience, she serves as a resource for clients facing challenges in their business, showing them how to turn those challenges into opportunities. Erin regularly hosts roundtables, group coaching calls as well as live and online events.
Resources to Count On
Check out these additional resources for more insight into Dave and Erin’s conversation:
- Connect with Erin Joy
- Hear more advice in the Erin Joy Talks Business podcast
- Read The Anatomy of Accomplishment: Your Guide to Bigger, Better Bolder Business Results, available on Amazon
Listen to But Who’s Counting? by subscribing on Spotify or Apple Podcasts and let us know what you think by rating and reviewing.All Podcasts