Updated May 2023
The Collection, Sharing and Use of Personal Information
Anders respects your right to keep your personal information private and to avoid unwelcome solicitations. We collect personal information only when you voluntarily submit your contact information to us via website form submission, job application or email. This information includes:
- First and last names
- Company/organization name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Demographic information
- Membership in professional organizations
- Professional certifications
- Employment history, and
- Any other information you provide through a website form, email or job application on our website
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that you provide us or that we collect about you to:
- Respond to an inquiry you submitted on the website, via email or other channels
- Send you information about Anders, our services, or promotional material or contact you when necessary. This may be via email newsletter, direct mail or other online or offline communication
- Analyze data or metrics about our website to send more targeted messages to visitors
- Conduct research to improve our services and marketing efforts
- Provide you with notices from your Anders advisor(s)
- Recruit, evaluate and hire applicants for employment
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure compliance of employees, including conducting internal investigations and taking actions to protect the safety and security of our employees and facilities
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or for any other purpose with your consent
Who Has Access to Your Information
In order to provide the best service possible, Anders employees are permitted to access the information they need to perform their jobs. However, we maintain strict internal policies against unauthorized disclosure or use of client information.
We retain personal data for as long as we deem it as reasonably necessary in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our services and offerings; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (i.e. as required by laws applicable to log-keeping, records and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use), all in accordance with our data retention policy.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlling and Accessing Your Own Data
If you decide to no longer receive email communication from Anders, you may do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of our email.
If you wish to:
- See the data we may have about you,
- Receive a copy of the data,
- Request that we modify or delete the data,
- Request that your personal information is not sold or rented, or
- Talk to us regarding your concerns about the data,
Please update your communication preferences here or email email@example.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to request, up to twice a year free of charge:
- What categories of personal information we have collected over the past 12 months
- What categories of sources of your personal information we have collected over the past 12 months
- A copy of your personal information that we have collected over the past 12 months
- The business purpose for collecting your personal information
- Deletion of your personal information
- What categories of service providers and third parties with which we have shared your information over the past 12 months
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Threaten you with any of the above
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser, if you allow, that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Anders may collect, use, store and transfer personal information about your visit to our website by using certain technologies, including cookies, pixels and analytics. Such information may include your IP address, domain name, browser type, device ID and operating system, specific webpages you view, links you click, the length of time you visit our website, the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our website.
We use Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush and Hotjar to analyze how visitors access and use our site. Information sent by your browser, including your IP address, may be used as anonymous aggregated statistical data to analyze our web traffic, improve the quality of our website, and enhance your browsing experience. View each platform’s privacy policies or access their available opt-outs.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This is done through browser settings.