VCFO Senior Advisor
The VCFO Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Senior Advisor with a strong technical skillset who embraces a collaborative environment and is passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for offering hands-on accounting and financial experience through substantial client interaction, all with the benefits of working at a distributed accounting firm. With an emphasis on client engagement, you will use cloud-based platforms to build financial statements, then analyze those statements to advise clients on decisions related to their finances. From forecasting and revenue recognition to cash flow management and general financial statement support, this position is responsible for guiding the financial choices of clients operating in various industries. You will also play a significant role during the client onboarding process, including getting to know the client’s financial profile through the initial discovery meeting and a review of relevant statements. This position also involves educating clients on their accounts receivable and cash flow, as well as the forecasting process.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and attend client meetings and discussions (i.e., Forecasting Meeting, Revenue Recognition Meeting)
- Analyze financial statements to advise clients on how they can achieve specific financial goals
- Present financial information to clients (e.g., Revenue Recognition summary)
- Build banking relationships
- Assist clients in establishing a line of credit
- Participate in the client onboarding process
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to work independently with expanding duties and responsibilities
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Forward-thinker who is open to new ideas and a desire to try new technologies and processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced experience with QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online
- Advanced experience with Jirav and CashFlowTool
- Fluent in the Payroll grid and revenue recognition templates
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with cloud-based software applications
- Experience with other general ledger packages a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From daily workplace perks to a personalized learning and development journey to foster professional and personal development, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your career and facilitate growth. For more information on our benefits and how you can love your life and your work at Anders, visit our website: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA