Tax Technical Trainer
The Human Resources Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Technical Trainer who has a strong technical skillset, is excited to collaborate and is passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for building and executing a training strategy, which includes design, development and delivery of effective training and maintaining a repository of training resources. You will collaborate with department leadership to develop learning solutions; develop, implement and maintain training tools and materials; deliver training; ensure site compliance with Tax Quality Standards and other regulations; roll-out specific site and corporate training initiatives; effectively work with onsite and remote staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, deliver, and maintain new hire technical training content for onboarding Tax staff.
- Conduct annual check-ins with staff within Tax to support them in their learning, identify growth/development areas and design/deliver educational opportunities accordingly based on needs.
- Develop and maintain a repository of learning resources, such as quick reference guides, best practices and videos for using tax technical software
- Stay up to date on current tax technical topics and update existing training material or develop new material, as needed.
- Stay up to date on tax law/process changes and update training materials and department staff, as needed.
- Make recommendations for additional training opportunities based on relevant tax law changes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with department leaders to identify knowledge gaps and develop a strategy to fill the gaps.
- Work in the current practice area and continue to manage clients and work on engagements.
- Minimal (less than 5%) client work to maintain technical skills, awareness of internal procedures and compliance needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to make decisions
- Resourceful in recognizing technical problems and developing solutions
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs
- Ability to build strong relationships within and outside department to understand how technology is used and identify areas for improvement
- Highly literate with technology; quickly learns new applications and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years tax experience in a public accounting firm required
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills are required, prior teaching or training experience at a national or regional firm is preferred
- Experience using the following software and applications:
- ProFX: Fixed Assets
- CCH Axcess
- Microsoft Teams
- CFS Payroll & Tax Tools
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From daily workplace perks to a personalized learning and development journey to foster professional and personal development, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your career and facilitate growth. For more information on our benefits and how you can love your life and your work at Anders, visit our website: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA