The Tax Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Supervisor who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the preparation of corporate, partnership, trust, and individual income tax returns. You will prepare work papers, perform tax research, analyze tax notices and draft responses, and assist in tax planning and the preparation of projections. You will participate in month-end and year-end closing processes. This role requires the ability to build relationships in aspects such as people development and client relations. To succeed in this role, you should have a foundational understanding of accounting principles, with a desire to build your technical skills and knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to individuals, partnerships, trusts and corporations in a variety of industries.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare complex returns of individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts.
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently research tax topics of intermediate complexity.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff.
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Good management of competing demands
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA
- Strong or similar background in the use of the following software: CCH Axcess Tax, CaseWare Working Papers, ProSystem fx Fixed Assets, and BNA Income Tax Planner
- 5-7 years of tax experience preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA