The Tax Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking an Associate who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns, as well as general ledger maintenance and account analysis. To succeed in this role, you should have a foundational understanding of accounting principles with a desire to build your technical skills and knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Complete tax returns, perform tax research, analyze tax notices and draft responses, and assist in tax planning and the preparation of projections
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing processes and assist clients with routine accounting functions while assessing their current systems/processes to determine appropriateness and effectiveness
- Prepare monthly sales tax and monthly payroll tax returns
- Compile financial statements, prepare accruals, general ledger entries and reconcile accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Client service-focused
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA or CPA Candidate
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA