State and Local Tax Manager
The State and Local Tax Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a State and Local Tax Manager who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
As a Manager with the State and Local Tax Department, you will be primarily responsible for delivering exceptional client service with a strong technical background. You will be responsible for assisting clients with refund reviews, identifying tax saving opportunities, and assisting other sales/use tax projects. The successful candidate should also possess the desire and ability to maintain strong client relations and cross sell the firm’s other services.
What You’ll Do:
- This is a client facing position in which you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of multi-state tax issues, as it relates to sales/use tax.
- Assisting clients with pursuing refund reviews, as well as other sales/use tax projects.
- Identifying tax savings opportunities via refund reviews, credits & incentives, amnesty or voluntary disclosure projects.
- Extensive technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable tax opportunities.
- Understanding and applying changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintain, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Experience as a team leader: supervising staff to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to make decisions
- Resourceful in recognizing technical problems and developing solutions
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Preferred CPA, CMI Certification or similar certification
- BS Degree in Accounting or another related field
- 7+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting, law firm or corporate tax department, or working in State economic development
- In depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA