Remote Tax Senior
The Tax Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Senior who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns. You will prepare work papers, perform tax research, analyze tax notices and draft responses, and assist in tax planning and the preparation of projections. You will participate in month-end and year-end closing processes and assist clients with routine accounting functions while assessing their current systems/processes to determine streamlining and automation opportunities. To succeed in this role, you should have a foundational understanding of accounting principles with a desire to build your technical skills and knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to individuals, partnerships, trusts and corporations in a variety of industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently research tax topics of intermediate complexity.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff.
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organization skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to work seamlessly with a variety of reviewers, managers and partners
- Willingness to take on various types of projects and become a resource to staff of all levels
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA
- 3-5 years of tax experience
- Significant experience with tax/accounting software
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From daily workplace perks to a personalized learning and development journey to foster professional and personal development, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your career and facilitate growth. For more information on our benefits and how you can love your life and your work at Anders, visit our website: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA