Remote Benefit Plan Audit and Assurance Senior
The Audit and Assurance Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Benefit Plan Audit Senior who is motivated to learn, excited to collaborate and passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on audits and reviews of employee benefit plans of various sizes and industries. You will assist the Engagement Manager in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings. To succeed in this role, you should have a foundational understanding of accounting principles with a desire to build your technical knowledge and client relationship skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the completion of compilation, review and audit engagements.
- Primary focus on employee benefit plan audits
- Conduct audits of client plan financials to ensure compliance of GAAP and other accounting standards
- Determine the effectiveness of internal controls and the potential impact of internal controls deficiencies
- Examine records to ensure proper recording and authorization of transactions, compliance with policies and applicable IRS/Department of Labor/ERISA laws and EBP regulations
- Prepare detailed reports of audit findings and recommendations for client
- Plans and prepare the compilation, review and audit engagement financial statements
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client service oriented with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organizations skills and detail oriented
- Strong analytical, mathematical and critical thinking abilities
- Shows ambition, drive, and takes initiative for all tasks
- Ability to multitask and handle several engagements at a time
- Understanding of audit and attest services
- Knowledge of FASB standards, GAAP and GAAS
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word and Excel
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Two to five years of auditing experience preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA