Chief Information Officer
The IT Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Chief Information Officer. You’re right for us if you possess extensive knowledge of IT systems and initiatives, have a confident leadership presence and embrace a collaborative environment. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve Firm goals while fostering innovation, prioritizing technology initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technology solutions across the Firm. You will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the IT department by providing managerial direction to staff. You will also oversee the implementation and support of technology systems and software, desktop and application support, data analytics, researching and recommending new technology, and the information and data security of the Firm.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the Firms Management Committee.
- Draft and submit the Firms IT budget for approval. Continually monitor and adjust IT spending given monthly and year-to-date variances against budgetary goals.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for innovative systems or processes.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures which support the mission of Anders.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the work flow processes of Anders and the needs of the business.
- Lead, plan, and direct staffing; include the development of staff and or the use of outside contractors for the efficient and effective operation of the IT Department.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, software, purchasing, and in-house development; develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses.
- Maintain and enhance the Firms enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Approve, prioritize, and assign oversight to projects as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and implementation of various IT initiatives.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems. Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and agreements for ongoing reevaluation as necessary.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Provide management direction and support to staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of work products, to provide regular and annual performance assessments, to recommend and support staff development activities, to provide disciplinary counseling when required, and to hire and train new employees.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Participate and/or attend various associations such as LEA, Boomer Circle and or other conferences to provide opportunities for education, growth, networking and additional guidance and direction for the IT function of the Firm.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Demonstrate executive presence including consistent demonstration of confidence and clear leadership that inspires others
- Client service focused
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and business policy or procedures
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
- Demonstrated knowledge/background of business theory, business processes and business management
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Accounting with IT management experience required
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing IT processes, staffing, and budget at an upper management level
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development
- 10-15 years experience in implementing, operating, and maintaining IT systems in a professional service or equivalent industry (public accounting firm preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From professional development opportunities to benefits that directly impact mental, physical and financial wellness, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your life and facilitate growth, including our Work Flex program which gives you the opportunity to work at our Chesterfield office, our Downtown St. Louis office, adopt a hybrid approach or even switch between these options as you prefer. Learn more about our full benefit offerings and Work Flex program at our Life at Anders page: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA