Audit and Assurance Technical Trainer
The Human Resources Department of one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the country is seeking a Technical Trainer who possesses a strong technical skillset, is excited to collaborate and is passionate about delivering outstanding results. This individual will have a direct impact on our firm’s mission of serving as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for building and executing a training strategy, which includes design, development and delivery of effective training and maintaining a repository of training resources. You will collaborate with department leadership to develop learning solutions, implement, and maintain training tools and materials, deliver training, ensure site compliance with Quality Standards and the profession’s technical standards, roll-out department training initiatives and effectively work with onsite and remote staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as primary Audit training instructor
- Develop, deliver and maintain new hire technical training content for onboarding Audit staff
- Conduct annual check-ins with staff within Audit to support them in their learning, identify growth/development areas, and design/deliver educational opportunities accordingly based on needs
- Develop and maintain a repository of learning resources, such as: quick reference guides, best practices, and videos for using audit technical software
- Keep up to date on industry guidance and standards and serve as a subject matter expert for the Audit department
- Make recommendations for additional training opportunities based on auditing and accounting standards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with department leaders to identify knowledge gaps and develop a strategy to fill the gaps
- Design and implement practice area efficiency processes and reevaluate for relevancy on an ongoing basis
- Work in the current practice area and continue to manage clients and work on engagements
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong planning and skills; ability to make decisions
- Resourceful in recognizing technical problems and developing solutions
- Awareness of current developments affecting area of expertise
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs
- Strong client service skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to build strong relationships within and outside department to understand how technology is used and identify areas for improvement
- Highly literate with technology; quickly learns new applications and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting required.
- CPA licensure required
- 6+ years of experience with an accounting firm as an experienced supervisor or manager, including experience supervising and reviewing work of others and interacting with clients
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills are required, prior teaching or training experience at a national or regional firm is preferred
- Experience using the following software and applications:
- Fixed Assets
- PPC E Tools
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Anders, taking care of our employees is a top priority. Our welcoming and collaborative culture will make you feel like a part of the team from day one. From daily workplace perks to a personalized learning and development journey to foster professional and personal development, Anders offers unique incentives that enrich your career and facilitate growth. For more information on our benefits and how you can love your life and your work at Anders, visit our website: https://anderscpa.com/careers/
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For over 55 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #78 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and continually named a Top Workplace, Anders is a member firm of LEA Global, one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: @AndersCPA