The individual selected for this position must have an entrepreneurial drive and spirit and the ability to add value to the firm beyond the strict definition of the position. In addition, the individual must have the ability to develop and execute strategy to grow the business valuation practice while leading, managing and training personnel within the Forensic and Litigation Group. A successful individual in this role will have the opportunity to be considered for Partner, based on overall performance in the role.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership and business valuation expertise to grow the business valuation advisory services practice
- Manage valuation projects of business ownership interests and intangible assets for purposes of mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, litigation, and management planning
- Perform review of third-party valuation reports to support the firm’s audit department
- Design engagement scope, oversee day-to-day activities and communications with engagement team, take responsibility for overall efficiency of engagement work, ensure quality and timeliness of client deliverables, and effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Enhance and improve analysis processes, financial models, and reports
- Delegate work to staff according to their experience and capabilities
- Review the work of staff and provide coaching, mentoring, training, and performance reviews
- Build, maintain, and enhance client relationships as the key point of contact throughout all phases of engagements, including billing and collection of valuation services
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and/or Related Field from an accredited college/university required; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA, CFA, and/or valuation credentials such as ABV, ASA, CVA preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of business valuation experience within a business valuation firm and/or valuation practice of a traditional audit, tax, and advisory services firm
- Minimum 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Significant experience with valuation of business entities and intangible assets, complex capital structures, purchase price allocations, 409A valuations, analyzing goodwill and long-lived asset impairment, litigation support, and financial analysis and research
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple valuation engagements, mange client relationships, and supervise and train staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Ability to develop new business and cross sell firm services
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to successfully integrate firm strategy
- Articulate, outgoing and engaging people skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
We encourage employee development and offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health/dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off (PTO), and assistance with personal computer purchases.
Anders is a CPA and Advisory firm with approximately 200 partners and staff members. For over 50 years, Anders has been a powerful tax, audit, technology and forensic resource with specialties in a variety of industries. Anders is a Top 10 firm in St. Louis, a Top firm in the Midwest, a Top 125 firm in the United States and a Best Accounting Firm to Work for. Anders has also been designated a Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal and a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. With an award-winning Women’s Initiative, Anders has been honored as a top firm for women by Accounting Today, the St. Louis Business Journal, the Women’s Foundation of St. Louis and the Leading Edge Alliance. Anders also has an affiliate company, Claris Advisors, LLC, a wealth management firm. Anders is a member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), the second largest accounting association in the world. For more information, visit Anders at www.anderscpa.com.