If you’re an accounting student, you know about “Busy Season.” From January to April each year, we offer part-time and full-time tax and audit internships that will give you a taste of what it’s like to work in one of the best accounting firms in the Midwest. Designed for students in their senior year, this isn’t a fetch-coffee-and-donuts internship, it’s a chance to do real work with real professionals and clients during the most critical time of the year.
Even better – most of our first-year associates were once interns with Anders. This is a valuable career opportunity that will introduce you to what it’s like to work here – and give you a chance to do so if it’s a good fit.
In the tax internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare trust and individual income tax returns
- Analyze tax notices and draft responses
- Assist in tax planning and prepare projections
- Utilize project management software and perform tax research
In the audit internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Plan and conduct audits of client financial statements
- Assist with audit methodology and risk assessments
- Develop relationships with client companies
- Prepare detailed reports and examine records
To apply for an internship position, see our Current Openings.